Remember low-rose pants? Apple bottom jeans? The courage of Uggs and the infuriatingly damp and stinky knock offs that ensued? Crackle nail polish? If you do remember, I bet you’re desperate to forget or at least cringing internally at all the clothes you wore that you wouldn’t be caught dead wearing today. That’s the problem with trendy style vs classic style… trends come and they go and they keep you chasing after an ideal intended to remain unattainable.
Here are my predictions for the top 5 trends we are going to loathe in a few years that are dangerously popular right now…
1) Overly sculpted eyebrows — my least favorite trend by far. I thought over plucked eyebrows were rough but these... Their days are numbered.
2) The “ugly but cute” sneaker trend — I actually don’t always hate this trend, but I don’t think it’s going to last either. Most ugly sneakers are ugly and once the shiny glow of a new item wears off, I bet most get shoved to the back of the closet.
3) T-shirts with “cute” phrases — your sense of humor isn’t as evergreen as you might think. While some shirts like this are tasteful, fun and you might get a lot of wear out of them, others are clearly not going to make it into 2021.
4) Over-lined lips — this particular beauty mishap seems to only afflict a certain group of people but at some point overlining your lips looks foolish and everyone can tell. I’m not really in favor of anything that “alters” your natural features, especially when it does a piss poor job.
5) Fanny packs/bum bags — give it a rest, they’re never coming back. I’ll never know why these made a comeback, but just like they went out of style before and looked totally dated, the same will happen again. The double G won’t make a difference. Not to mention they’re bulky, impractical and remind me of my father’s fashion sense. Hard pass.
Do you agree with this list or do you think I’m totally out of line? What fashion trends do you want to see die a miserable death? Comment down below. 👇🏼